Friday 22 June 2007

A day with Tabita

Two days ago I got to meet a little friend of mine, Tabita (almost 2 years old). Last time I saw her was in March. Then we got together and played for a couple of hours in the afternoon. This time we had a whole day together! I guess that I was looking forward to this day as much as Tabita.

When her parents were leaving Tabita didn’t even have time to cry or say good bye. She was already playing with our goldfishes in the pond we have inside by our entrance. I didn’t think that our goldfishes liked it as much as Tabita did so I took her up in the house and she helped me watering our plants inside and outside. After we have been playing a while we went out for a walk. Tabita didn’t want to sit in the stroller because her bear, Teddy, should sit there. When I took Teddy out she got angry at me and put him back. He WAS going to sit there! I didn’t want to argue with her so we walked on. Little later I tried again and Tabita didn’t like that but this time I said to her that she had to sit in the stroller because we were going to see horses. When I mention horses she didn’t struggle any more and a big smile came up on her face again and she said: “Horses!”. So I walked to the field there they use to have horses because I had promised this little girl this. But that day the horses weren’t there. Instead there was sheeps so we said hi to them and gave them some grass. We also walked by some cows and I still hoped that we would walk past a field with horses. But even better, when we walked on the road there came two horses and Tabita pointed at them and said “Horse, horse!”. She looked so happy when she saw these horses… When we came home it was time to make lunch. Tabita was tired so she didn’t want to help me even if I put a chair beside me. After lunch she was first happy to go to bed for a nap. Then she started to cry. It took me some time to make her fall asleep.

In the afternoon I had plan to go to a friend that have two children so I called her, but one of her children had fever so I didn’t want to take Tabita there. So we stayed here and played whit water and soap bubbles outside. I think it was the first time for Tabita playing with soap bubbles. She was pointing at them and said “ball”, but when they disappeared she looked strange at them and I saw that she was thinking, how could this happen!?
Tabita was really tired in the evening and she was running in the house back and forward screaming. I started to run with her and that she thought was funny, we use to do that a lot when we were in Africa. She laugh and screamed. Then it was time to go to bed. Tabita was happy about that. I guess that she was so tired at that point, I was! It took some time for her to calm down and she wanted me to stay by her side. After that she fall asleep without crying…

I really enjoyed this day with my little friend!
Anette

(pictures will come later)

2 comments:

Esther Garvi said...

Hej! Jag vidarebefodrade det här till min släkt, som tyckte det var världens gulligaste!!!

Anonymous said...

Vad söt hon är! Trots att hon är så lik sin far ;)!

Kram Karin