Wednesday 29 August 2007

Tomorrow...

Three big things have happen since I wrote last time.

1. I had my farewell/crayfish party. It was really nice to spend the evening with my friends. I had rent a big tent that we put up in a friends garden. We ate crayfish/shrimps, sang songs and later we played music and danced until late in the night…

The fort/castle in my hometown

2. This weekend I was on one of my cousins wedding. It was nice and they had it on a fort/castle. It was the first time I was there on a wedding. It blew a lot so they had to move the wedding to the inner yard, but it was nice there too. I had a pleasant dinner partner so I really enjoyed the evening. I was one of the last guests that went home because we had to wait a long time for the taxi.

My cousin in the dress

3. Tomorrow is the day I have been waiting for. I’m going to Niger! Me and Ishtar packed almost all the things yesterday so today I had just some small things to do. I think I’m ready and hopefully I haven’t forgotten anything, but I guess that I will find that out in a couple of days…

We will come to our home some time on Friday, I guess in the afternoon or evening. It depends on how much shopping we need to do in Kano before we leaving for Zinder. I think this is really exciting. On Monday I will start working for Eden Foundation!

Cheers!

Nettus

1 comment:

Esther Garvi said...

Just a three hours of sleep and then we go!